segunda-feira, março 01, 2010

Santos International Triathlon / Internacional de Santos



English Version / Em Ingles

Hi Folks!

Yesterday I've raced the Santos International Triathlon, the biggest South American triathlon race, with 1.300 participants athletes. I was 13th place overall (pro field), which is a satisfying result considering the training period that I'm in at the moment.

The race started with a 1.500 meters, in which I couldn't be fast enough to keep the pace with the 2nd swimming pack. Just after the first 5 minutes of racing I felt a little weak (maybe due to a virose that I had two weeks ago). I left the water 1:20 down to the pack.

But giving up is never on my vocabulary list, so I went to the next leg of the race (40km bike) willing to decrease the gap to fight for a TOP 10 spot. I did a good average speed (26,20 mph), but I knew that I had to run a 30:30 minutes on the 10km running leg to get the spot.

I had a great run, (32:54 minutes) with an amazing final sprint against Marcus Fernandes...The crowd gone wild! A pure fighting spirit shown by both of us!!! That's what triathlon is about...

Now I'll be focusing the Brazilian Trophy's first leg (March 28th). I spent my monday after the race analysing the result with my coaches to see how to fix my swimming and running leg for this season. Now it's 15 days (and counting!) for srating my competitive's cycle season. Can't wait to be racing again...

I'd like to thank the amazing cheering from NEW BALANCE'S TEAM (guys, it was AMAZING to hear you shouting during the race!)and to all my friends, family and sponsors. All of you are the reason for me to wake up every day and train to be among the best!

See you soon...
Guto Antunes


Portuguese Version / Em Portugues

Fala Galera!

Ontem eu participei da maior prova de triathlon da America do Sul, o Internacional de Santos, com 1.300 atletas! Fui decimo terceiro no geral, resultado considerado satisfatorio, considerando que fiz a prova com um volume alto de treinamento de base.

Em resumo, nao tive uma boa natacao nos 1.500m. Ja na largada me senti fraco (talvez pela virose que tive ha 15 dias) e nao consegui reagir a tempo aos tiros do segundo pelotao (que eh onde costumo sair da agua) . Sai a 1:20 de onde gostaria de ter saido, com muito cansaco no corpo.

Como desistir nao faz parte do meu vocabulario, fiz um pedal forte e estavel, sentindo a perna cansada no comeco mas relativamente mais forte durante o percurso. Consegui fechar o ciclismo para 42km/h de media, mas sabia que ia ter que correr muito nos 10 km (30:30 minutos) para alcancar o podio.

Consegui fazer uma corrida legal, para 32:54 minutos, mas nao foi o sufuciente desta vez. Valeu o belo sprint final entre mim e o Marcus Fernandes. Lutamos muito para chegar praticamente juntos, levando o publico a loucura. Bela disputa no final, parabens a ele tambem!

Agora estou focado para a primeira etapa do Trofeu Brasil, dia 28/03. Passei o dia analisando alternativas com meus treinadores para melhorar minha natacao e a corrida. Temos otimas perspectivas para esta temporada. Entrarei em fase competitiva em 15 dias... Estou louco para competir de novo!!!

Quero agradecer (em especial) ao pessoal da NEW BALANCE (galera, show de bola ouvir a torcida de voces!!!) e a todos os amigos e familiares e patrocinadores que estiveram torcendo ontem por mim. Voces sao o motivo de eu acordar todo dia e buscar estar entre os melhores.

Bons treinos a todos e ate a proxima!!!
Guto Antunes